Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered a bug when exporting a filter spec (biquad) text file for mini dsp on Mac. I'm running Yosemite, latest version. I think the default file name was minidsp.txt or else I initially named it that. Regardless, REW kept calling it an error every time I tried to save it, saying that certain characters were not allowed in file names. Although the file name only contained classic ASCII characters. I tried several times, deleting the entire name and trying again and again and it would not save, always coming up with the error.

I was saving to a networked SMB server, then I tried locally and finally at some point when I saved to the desktop, the name popped up with a full path in its name, also kind of a bug, like:

users/bobkatz/desktop/minidsp.txt

Finally, when I deleted the early part of that name I was able to save to the desktop and subsequently to any other place in my system. Hope this information helps,


Bob

P.S. It's a pity that mini dsp only displays the biquad coefficients in advanced mode. It would be nice when changing back to Basic mode that it would translate them to gain, frequency and Q so the user could manually tweak an EQ if necessary without going back to REW. Kind of defeats the idea of exporting filter values if you have to type it in manually in the equalizer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fabulous, John. That took care of the issue of the path being included in the file name being exported to the mini dsp. I didn't get the "invalid characters in filename" message, either. Good work!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top