Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to have found this site prior to building my forever house. I am about to close on 10 acres near Nashville and I am looking to build a 2 story house with a basement. After 35 years of driving over the road, the only room in the house I care about is the movie room so I want to get this right from the very beginning. This is the only room in the house I have the final say over as it will most likely be my refuge. The house will be a 2 story and the basement is a blank canvas. I need advice on the length, width, and height I should be planning on with 4 rows of 4 recliner seating (I have a big family). I plan to use a projector and I like the idea of a vaulted ceiling with the night sky look I have seen from some pics. So any help on what I should be telling the architect I need for basement dimensions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
DIY would be the theme here. Love the dedicated light controlled theater room.
110 Posts
Hi James. Welcome. Will this movie room build be done by a contractor or do you plan to do much DIY ?? I wish I had a path for full 4 X 8 sheets of drywall to get into my basement. I also wish I had the extra deep pour on my basement walls. So access for large stuff and higher basement ceiling were my main misses.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts