Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been doing LOTS of research on screens and I am in need of a manual or electric drop down screen. I was considering using the Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol 58" x 104" 119" diagonal screen with HP fabric. I have not purchased the projector but I am leaning towards the Epson 1080P UB or the new 6100 with a 16ft throw distance and 13ft. "viewing" distance. Will this projector work well with this screen and does this screen wrinkle? Does anyone have any experience good or bad with these screens and projectors. This will be in a light controlled environment but I would like to be able to watch with some ambient light.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am disappointed that I did not received any responses to my post but maybe no one saw it. :bigsmile:
I ended up ordering screen samples and then decided on the Carada. Just thought I should update the post.

Matt

http://mattandrobin.com/blog/

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Matt,

While we try to be responsive, sometimes we miss some posts. :dunno: There's not a lot here regarding manual pull down or electric screens because none of us have had any exposure to them. :dunno: What I do know is that Carada makes a good screen material in their Brilliant White. And their published gain matches what I found.

Sorry for the 'slipped under the rug' response Matt! :hide:

mech

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mechman!! I feel better now. :bigsmile: Cool, guess I ordered the right Carada. I was debating between the cinema and the brilliant white and ordered the brilliant white.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts