Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well... I may have to. I watched Hulk this afternoon and whoa... there is some serious bass shakin' going on that movie. :hsd: The trinkets were dancing.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes it has and I have absolutely zero regrets at this point. I am very impressed! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Wow, after the initial discussion thread, this came together very fast. That first measurement looks extremely good if it is natural, decent if it is EQ'd. Forgive me for being out of the loop on Audio Pulse, but it appears to be a TC2k 15", is that right?

Nice work :T

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Wow, after the initial discussion thread, this came together very fast. That first measurement looks extremely good if it is natural, decent if it is EQ'd. Forgive me for being out of the loop on Audio Pulse, but it appears to be a TC2k 15", is that right?

Nice work :T
The Axis is the TC 3000 just one step down from the LMS Ultra.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's hard to compare the SS to the Pulse due to the drastic differences in the two setups... plus I had two SVS PC13-Ultra's in the same room with the two SoundSplinters. I can say that I do not believe I am lacking anything after watching Hellboy II and Hulk. The bass was awesome to say the least.

That measurement is with Audyssey engaged, but Audyssey did not do much to it at all. I may plug up the BFD and see what I can do, but really I have no complaints about the sound as it is. I feel like I need to put at least some sort of HPF on it, but I think I will order up the ED eQ.2 so that I only have to use the minimum HPF instead of 20Hz on the DCX2496.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I believe the RL-p's are equivalent to the 2000's.

The RL-p's are considerably less cost than the Audiopulse Axis, but should be since they are basically a step down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sonnie,
looks good.
Two thumbs up,
and thanks for posting the results
with the TC-3000.
- Erik

PS - Andrew, I like your sealed setup.
I'm trying to build a 3.5cf sealed version myself.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ordered another one of the Axis 15's from Nathan and it has been shipped. I will build an exact duplicate of the one I have now. Each will have its own EP2500 for Cedar Creek Cinema II. The only difference will be that the base plate will be removed and legs added to one side so that the boxes will sit long ways on the floor... firing towards the front corner sides about six inches from the side wall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This seems like an interesting project :T. If I had the room (and also the money at the moment) this kind of thing would be exactly what I would build. In this 744ft/2 rental, there really isn't any space for a good LLT. And I think the neighbours might also have something to say about it.

Mikko

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah... if you got neighbors with false teeth (like my parents next door :bigsmile: ) ... they might need extra denture creme to keep their teeth from rattling. :hsd:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah... if you got neighbors with false teeth (like my parents next door :bigsmile: ) ... they might need extra denture creme to keep their teeth from rattling. :hsd:
Now that's just funny. You livin in a trailer?
Makes me wonder . . . . what would a "Redneck" use for denture creme?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I have heard Elmer's works really well, but has a funny taste to it. :blink:

Momma and daddy live in a double wide next door. :hsd:

41 - 60 of 98 Posts