Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks Dale... and yes, it will reach on down there. That was at measuring levels only... with plenty more volume to go, BUT I now have a HPF on the entire system, so she cuts off at about 15Hz or so.

The one thing I do not like about the Audiopulse drivers is they are not very sensitive and require a LOT of power. The Fi Audio drivers I have in the rear need about half the power to reach the same levels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice build Sonnie. I've been lurking here forever and can't believe I missed this build. I'm re-building my Maelstrom-X enclosure and your build was exactly what I had in mind, except I'll be using the ED LT/1300 plate amp with the 20hz HPF. I noticed you didn't use anything to cover the internal walls. Are you relying on the bracing to tame the resonances? I'm stuck trying to figure out if I should use polyfill batting or not in my build since I keep reading so many pros/cons.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Thanks roach and glad to see you posting... :T

Yes... I did use extra bracing in this build, as you can see here, approximately every 10-12"...

I am a firm believer in over-bracing and usually at least line the walls of my enclosures, but decide to give these a try without it.

I want to build a couple more with either Mael-X 18's or the 21", but I am just too lazy right now.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Thanks... nothing a chain saw, pocket knife, Elmers Glue and a couple of hours can't handle. :dumbcrazy:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Sonnie, what kind of HPF did you use on your system? I am about to start ordering parts today and need to take it into consideration. I think I am going with 2 MACH 5 IXL 18.2.2 speakers and the Behringer EPX-2000 for power.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Thanks.... we are in the middle of 63 acres, so the neighbors are our various animals that roam the fields and woods. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Nice Sonnie.... that thing should slaughter... good clean accurate bass...

I like the 20hz tune, should still present you with some nice upper bass....

I wish I could put a huge ported sub in my house, but that just aint happenin...

I can't wait to see what happens to all those little trinkets on all those shelves.. Please tell me that you have a plan to video record the battle that wages on between all of them to see who ends up the king of the hill... :D
I remember years ago where someone made their basement into a sub.

Here it is...
http://gizmodo.com/5025867/horn-subwoofer-takes-up-crazy-mans-entire-basement

If you have a sub floor I think you could still do it... I might have to try it in our sub floor since we have about 3' of height available.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts