Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have just painted my two coats of primer on my wall, and am now trying to decide between the CS or BW.

My room has total light control, dark chocolate flat brown walls and ceiling. My pj is a mitsu hc5000 and it is 16 feet back. I will be sitting at about 15-17 feet. I like bright and light generally, but my favorite movie is Batman Begins which is obviously very dark, and I want to be able to see what is going on. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Is it the HC5000BL and what size screen are you planning?

At 16' and a 100" screen you're at 12fL with the HC5000BL (assuming that's your model).

I'd go with a white screen or C&S. At 10,000:1 CR and total light control you should be very happy with your blacks and shadow detail with a white screen and I definitely wouldn't go any darker than an N9 gray for your projector and throw distance. Any darker screen like an N8 shade of gray and you are going to have a pretty dim image unless the screen has a lot of gain to it, and with gain comes reduced viewing cone as well as other issues. In your case you don't need a darker gray so I wouldn't recommend one to you. Others may, but not me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is the model, and the screen I am painting is actually a 2.35:1 but my 16:9 images will be 100 inch diagonal. I just watched a little bit on the primer coat and thought it was pretty good. What white would you recommend if I decide to just go that route.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
For white I'd probably just go with Behr UPW, for a very light OTS gray either Winter Mist or SW Soothing white, or C&S for a bit of gain and an N9 gray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts