Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have one of the closeout C12.2 drivers from AE on its way and will have a PE 240W amp on its way when they get them back in stock. My question is what other parts do I need to order from PE? What gauge wire should I use, what are proper size hurricane nuts and bolts to secure the driver to the box, and anything else that I have no clue of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the "simple" 4 cf ported design that John over at AE came up with for the driver. I'm just unsure of what size hurricane nuts to get and what gauge wire to use (12 or 10?). My boss is going to help me build the box, or I'll drink beer and watch him build the box.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think 10-32x 2.5" bolts and 8 hurricane nuts are what I used for my C12.2s. I'll check tonight when I get home.

12 gauge should be fine for that sub.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. The driver arrives tomorrow and I have to wait until PE gets the SA240 amp in on 5/5 before that can ship. I've been without a sub since my STF2 amp blew around 2 years ago. It was a decent sub for the 150 bucks I paid for it, but it really lacked on movies, hopefully this sub will give me what i want.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The C12.2 is a nice sub. I bought 2 and an o-audio 500w amp and love how it sounds. But before that I had one 12 in a 4 cf ported box tuned like yours will be and one in a 2 cf sealed box to see which setup I liked more. With your heavy HT use the ported is going to sound great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would it be ok to use the BASH 300 amp from PE? It only has 1dB of boost stock and the HPF is 17.7, just wondering since it is in stock, 60 W more and only $16 more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anybody know the actual power @ 8 ohms for the BASH 300W amp? The Dayton is 170 into 8 ohms and 240 in 4 ohms, so should I expect slightly greater than 170 for the BASH, or is there some other sort of electrical stuff going on that limits it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts