Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirs

I'm using REW to understand reverberation time in our church sanctuary and another large room. Not trying to EQ the system.

I mistakenly placed the UMIK-1 USB calibration file in the sound card calibration file option box before measuring 12 sweeps. A warning came up to let me know I was using the same Mic cal.txt with the sound card cal which can not be. I continued thinking I had removed the USB.txt from the sound card box, but when I looked at the data labels the same .txt file was in both.

I have now remove the USB mic .txt file out of the sound card option. Help file appears to state that if it is removed, all generated graphs (ie waterfall) would have to be regenerated, meaning my data is still good.

Question:
1. Is my data still OK now that I removed the USB cal.txt file from the sound card reference?
2. When is a sound card calibration file used in the program. During the data recording or the post processing?
3. Does the UMIK-1 USB mic have its own sound card the OS uses? The documents always state the sound card cal is not needed with a USB mic.

Thank you, John

PS: Outstanding software and thank you for all the help documentation.

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
The cal files are used when generating the response. You can remove the erroneous soundcard cal file from measurements you have already made by pressing the Change Cal... button on each measurement tab. When using a USB mic the output path is treated as being flat, the mic cal file corrects the input path.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts