Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

calculating Reverberation Time, REW

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RossoDiamante 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to REW and I would like to calculate some reverberation times. I recorded three impulse responses in different rooms and hoped, by using REW that I could calculate the reverberation times. Has anyone any idea, how to do so?

Thank you very much!

#6 ·
I'm just looking for a way to calculate the reverberation time of a room. I recorded some impulse responses from several rooms and I thought by running them through REW I would get some answers. Can I do that with REW or are there other (rather simple) ways to do so?
Thank you!

#11 ·
Thanks for your response. Maybe I have to be more clear about what I want to do. I'm writing a (rather small) thesis about the effect of room acoustics on music performances. In this context I'd like to do a small experiment: I'd like to perform the same music in several rooms with each a different acoustic. Then I'd like to compare the different recordings and look for significant differences between them. Reverberation time seems to me one of the important factors that can influence the performance. That's the reason that I want to measure and calculate it.
This is only a small experiment, so in this case I haven't the intention to go in depth and measure all the aspects that could influence the performance.

Suggestions and tips are welcome, thanks a lot!

#13 ·
I'm trying to calculate my room reverberation time. I saw a comment on AVS forum but am not having luck on how to calculate. The comment was:

"I would try to reduce the reverberation time in relation to the listening position. You'll have to calculate this or pay someone to do it. If you are good with math, then you can write a spreadsheet or program to help you calculate the room. I would aim for 400 ms. The calculation will determine how much "stuff" to put on the walls."

Can REW give me the "ms" number? Attached is my .mdat fime

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.