Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my dedicated room and now it's time to calibrate speakrs I have 2 powered subs and running yambeka speakers by the way they do sound great for the money, well any way I really don't know how to get started I have Dennon reciever 7.1 channel i have noticed in dolby mode sounds muffled and best sound comes in 7.1 stereo what can I do to start calibration room is approx.17x20 and fully insulated walls and floors with risers also insulated has drywalled cieling and both subs are klipsch I'm not up on meters and such I need some help. thanks

Don

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am not sure this really is related to REW at this point. It sounds like there are other issues you need to deal with first. If I am reading you wrong I apologize and we can start over.

You don't really calibrate your room either, although you might acoustically treat it at some point, which might be a form of calibrating a room.

At this point I think you need to use the Auto-Setup feature of your Denon receiver and make sure you have all your speaker levels and distances correct. Sometimes after using the Auto-Setup feature you will have to change some of the settings it makes for you. Check the levels with an SPL meter using the built-in test tones... the measure the distance from you main listening position to your speakers to make sure the distances are correct. Make any necessary changes.

Try switching between the Audyssey equalized setup and no equalization to see which sounds best to you.

After these steps, you are probably then ready to dive into REW and what it can do for your low end response.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It would be a good idea to take a minimal investment in Avia DVD or digital video essentials DVD and a Radio Shack SPL meter. Then you can start to fine tune the system. This gives you a little more control over the auto setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts