Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
You have the "C weighted SPL meter" box checked on the mic/meter settings, so inverse C correction is being applied.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I get with the C-weighted box unchecked. It looks nothing like the smooth roll off on the FAQ pages.
I think something is amiss.
This is my graph.

And this is from the FAQ pages.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts

Also, set the "MIX" knob ( of the "Monitoring section that's found on the back of your sound-card ) fully counter-clockwise ( iow; to "PreAmp" only ) / & then try again .

<> cheers

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Do you have a soundcard cal file loaded already or not? Also look carefully at the difference in vertical scale between the FAQ graph and yours, a 6dB span versus a 200dB span. Over a 200dB span most things look pretty flat...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I got this graph, by doing this (graph two) in the settings.

How do I save this file for the sound card calibration?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Good enough for government work!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, another question,
Which calibration file should I be using out of these to files?
The first one was made by clicking "Measure" on the main page.

The second one was made by clicking "Make Cal" on the SoundCard settings Page.

Sorry for all the questions.:ponder:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question. You have to go through the Make Cal step to take your soundcard loopback measurement and create a .cal file. Then you can set the .cal file as your current soundcard calibration, and move on to microphone measurements in the room.

As I understand the two images, they are really the same data, just with a different vertical scale. Your second image looks typical for what one would see at the end of the soundcard loopback measurement process.

Bill

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry , really new to all this and my explaination is a little hard understand.

The first file was made with the loopback in place and by clicking the measure button on the main page.

The second one was done with the loopback and by clicking the "Make Cal" button and going through the nessesary steps to save that file.

The first graph seems to have a better curve and goes much lower than the second, but as I am finding out I don't think I can save it as a calibration file as it was not made in the soundcard settings, but on the main page where you take measurements of your speakers, just that I had the loopback cable connected.

I have saved the second one as a cal file b/c the program prompts you to do so, so I am thinking that the first file is not to be used as the cal file. If that makes sense???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great, that means I am on my way to getting this setup again. Thanks for all the help guys.:T

I have a ecm8000 mic with accompaning calibration files, do I upload them into the Mic section of the settings? Obviously there are different ones with how the mic is postioned when taking a measurement, so I would upload the relevant ones for the situation of coarse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts