Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I used REW before on a PC based system at a friends studio and everything went fine.
Im currently in the process of setting up a different studio which is mac based (Leopard 10.5).
We are restricted to a Presonus Firepod at the moment but I thought that should be a problem. However, when calibrating the soundcard a few problems occur:

1) A direct loop from line out to line in results in a loss of almost 10dB (cable is fine) which has to be compensated using the line trim

2) The result of the calibration looks quite odd and I wonder where the problem might be (see screenshots). This cant be right.

Can anyone give me a hint where the problem might be? I tried the calibration with and without using the line trim with the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

thank you
studiomann

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Im currently in the process of setting up a different studio which is mac based (Leopard 10.5).
We are restricted to a Presonus Firepod........
Sorry to say that REW cannot be used with firewire connected soundcards on a MAC. You must use a USB connected card or use the firewire card with Windows. It's a Mac Java implementation issue.

brucek

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to bump this again:

Is there also a problem using a device connected via MADI (SSL Alpha Link)? I fiddled around with one and got the same results as above.

Would be interesting to know.

thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bump this again: Im still struggling to get REW running with the MADI setup. Anyone has experience or suggestions?

Mac, SSL Alpha Link with MADIxTreme Card and I cannot calibrate the card. Ideas? :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts