Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

This is my first post in this forum so if I mistake in something, I am sorry.

For some time, I have perceived a problem when I try to calibrate the soundcard. My soundcard´s frequency response cuts at 8 kHz. I tried two differents soundcards and I had the same problem, so is not a soundcard problem.

Somebody knows something about it?

Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Exactly 8 kHz, or roughly? If you are on Windows it is possible for the soundcard to be operating at a different sample rate (16 kHz for example, which would give an 8 kHz cutoff) than the rate selected in REW - the OS resamples between the rates itself. You would need to look at the soundcard settings in the Windows audio properties to check that (for replay and recording). Another possibility is that there is a buffering issue that is causing the captured signal to be cut off before it has completed, setting the replay buffer setting in the REW soundcard preferences to 16k might help with that if it is occurring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don´t know why but few days ago the calibration has changed. I don't know if I change something or not, but I tried to know all the changes I do.

Now I have a cut around 11 kHz as you can see in the picture.

I changed the sample rate and I put the same in the soundcard in the OS (Windows) and in the REW and I had the same problem.

Also, I proved changing the drivers from JAVA to ASIO whit the same effect.

On the other hand I proved changing the replay Buffer setting from 32k to 16k without sucess.

I am hopeless because I someting strange is occurring and my system and is influencing to my measuresments. On the second picture you can see the frequency response from REW's measure funcionality and you can see how is affecting in high frequency. For me is very importante to know if this stuff affect when you export as Impulse Response as WAV, do you know it?

Thank a lot for time, I hope you can solve my problem.

PS: I also test with diferente speakers, and different soundcard.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done some test and I have discovered that the problem is with the REW´s version. If I calibrate my system with 5.1 version there is no problem, but if I do it with 5.17 I have the problem I told. Do you know the origin of the problem?

Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I don't know what would cause that, sorry. If it is a buffering problem it might be cured by using the acoustic timing reference option, when that is selected you can select "Wait for timing reference" on the measurement dialog which will cope with any delays in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts