Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's been a few years since I started this thread but I finally got around to starting this project. I got all the MDF pieces cut to build the enclosure and I've just started gluing it together. Not all the pieces line up perfectly so I'll have to do some sanding afterwards. One question I have is do I need to put polyfill inside?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a JL Audio 10 inch W3V2 subwoofer driver and I was thinking of building my own subwoofer to add to my home audio system. I know this is a car subwoofer but can it also be used to build a sub for home use? I was thinking of building a small sealed or ported subwoofer using this driver but I'm not sure if a car sub will work or not.
I built a DIY home subwoofer using a JL Audio 12" W7 series driver. The project turned out very well. For amplification I purchased a 1000 watt plate amplifier from Parts Express. It was made using 1" MDF with baltic birch veneer applied. It is extremely heavy as the JL audio driver itself weighs 45 lbs. and as you may know the MDF is extremely dense

21 - 22 of 22 Posts