Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering which of the 15" versions between dayton ho, hf, and titanic would model best in a 2.6 ft3 sealed enclosure strictly for ht? I have a dayton 500 watt plate amp and the enclosure is a leftover velodyne uld15.
Thank you so much for any assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
For a box around 3 cu ft the HO model is more suited to a ported enclosure where the HT and Titanic are good sealed.
Below the HF is in green, the HO in red and the Titanic in blue.

Dayton 15.PNG

Of the three, in that size enclosure for ht, I would go for the HF.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually the enclosure that i have is 2.6 ft3 and it looks like the model if for 3.5.
thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am thinking about building this for just a fun project. i currently have a velodyne spl12 and am thinking this should be a noticable difference.
thank you

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am getting ready to order up when i came across a dayton 250w plate amp for 75.00 and am wondering if there is much difference in output in the 250w vs 500w watt amps and the hf driver?

thank you

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
The HF is rated at 500 W and you would potentially be losing 3 dB of output.
I guess it depends on your finances, the room size and the level you are expecting to listen at.
Also, you could sell it later if you decided you needed the extra power from the 500 W unit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is the feasibility of doing a PR in this enclosure? i am not sure if this driver would work or something that rated for a smaller enclosure like the HO driver or something different? Would it make much of a difference and would it be worth it?
Also would one PR such as the CSS be enough and how do you configure the weight?
thank you

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK from what I could find is the passive radiator idea is out. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the amp and driver here shortly but before I do are there any other driver recommendations that anyone has that I should look at? Thank you

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will post pictures shortly but does anyone have any ideas for a starting point on the eq for home theater only. i read where a guy puts the eq at 18 with a 1 and +6db which sounds crazy. I am interested in any feedback to bump up the freqs around 20hz?

thanks

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
You really need to run sweeps to see what your subs are doing IN ROOM.
We really cannot guess, as all rooms are different.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It sounds great but not sure if it is actually better than my velodyne spl12 but u have not had a lot of time to play around with it. I am actually going to keep and use both. Thank you for all of your help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts