Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Craig.
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but since you guys are modding Gizmos for the AV123 ELT/Gizmo deal would I be able to send mine in to have it's sub out volume issue modded?

Thanks.......Carlo.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Carlo - We are looking at the options on this for everyone involved. My guess would be we will allow you to send in the Gizmo for the mod and pay only the shipping back and forth, and STILL keep the $50 credit towards another TCA product.

If it turns out there is no future TCA product, we would refund the shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig, that sounds more than fair.
I'll keep an eye out for any announcements on this.
I still got my fingers crossed that the Dac-Man comes to production.

Best......Carlo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Craig,

Glad to see this is likely to be offered as an option.

My question is...for those of us that intended to swap out the v1.0 for a v1.1, and NOT take the $50 credit, would we still be responsible for shipping costs? I may have misunderstood, but I thought the swap for the v1.1 would be free of charge...perhaps shipping was not to be included in that case and I just didn't catch that.

It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the credit being given...just that I have no use for it for the foreseeable future...I just don't need anything other than a fixed Gizmo.

Not trying to be a pain, and hope I'm not out of line at all with my questions...I just want to know what options are available.

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
One other question...regarding the mods being done in CO...

Is it only a fix for the sub tracking...or does this also address the other issues that were going to be addressed with Gizmo v1.1 (I know the flashing front display was one such issue)?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
We have been storing the Gizmos at AV123's facility. Let me check with them before having anyone shipping a Gizmo back.

With all the stuff going on, I could see a little box being lost.

For those wanting to trade up for a V1.1, there won't be any shipping cost to you.

These will be shipped to our warehouse in Pa, and we will do the swap here on that.

Mobileusa ... does this help answer your question ?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
One other question...regarding the mods being done in CO...

Is it only a fix for the sub tracking...or does this also address the other issues that were going to be addressed with Gizmo v1.1 (I know the flashing front display was one such issue)?
It's just the subwoofer tracking. V1.1 fixes everything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts