Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize, if this question have been answered already. I tried to find an answer for my question, but couldn't find it. I'm going to buy a Yamaha RX-V463 5.1receiver to connect a panasonic surround speakers, and with the intention to use its preamp to power my samsung d5300 home theater system and have them playing at the same time. can I do this? If so can I use the volume from the yamaha to control the samsung? For example if lower the volume on the yamaha, it will lower on both systems.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello, as the Yamaha RX-V463 does not have any pre-outs nor does it have any zone outputs you wont be able to send a signal to the other home system.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, as the Yamaha RX-V463 does not have any pre-outs nor does it have any zone outputs you wont be able to send a signal to the other home system.
Hello. How are you? Would you be able to tell me which receicer does have pre-out. It could be any receiver. I just to be able to hook up my samsung ht 5300. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
This Marantz SR5006 has pre-outs for the main left/right channels. That would raise and lower the volume of your other system as you adjust the Marantz.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
But if you are just trying to use the Bluray strickly as a source and want to power the speakers with a receiver, any receiver will work just hook the speakers via the receivers speaker terminals just as you would with the bluray and plug in the bluray via an HDMI. I would also probably go in the bluray's menu and turn off all the audio processing and let the receiver to that work

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Looking at the manual... It appears that you could hookup the HDMI out to your new AVR, and then hook the speakers up to the AVR.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But if you are just trying to use the Bluray strickly as a source and want to power the speakers with a receiver, any receiver will work just hook the speakers via the receivers speaker terminals just as you would with the bluray and plug in the bluray via an HDMI. I would also probably go in the bluray's menu and turn off all the audio processing and let the receiver to that work
Hi, how are you? What you mention that I can use the HDMI output and power any receiver made me change my mind. I not longer want to buy the Yamaha Receiver which going to be a waste of money. So since I have two Home Theater in a box i decided to hook them up together. This is what I mean. Hook up the Samsung Home Theater HT-D5300 HDMI output to this Panasonic SC XH170 Home Theater system. I saw that the panasonic doesn't have HDMI input, so would be find if I buy a HDMI to RCA cable?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Hi, how are you? What you mention that I can use the HDMI output and power any receiver made me change my mind. I not longer want to buy the Yamaha Receiver which going to be a waste of money. So since I have two Home Theater in a box i decided to hook them up together. This is what I mean. Hook up the Samsung Home Theater HT-D5300 HDMI output to this Panasonic SC XH170 Home Theater system. I saw that the panasonic doesn't have HDMI input, so would be find if I buy a HDMI to RCA cable?
I don't think that will work... HDMI is a digital signal and RCAs are analog (unless you are talking coax digital).

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Are you trying to make a 2 zone setup out of 2 HTIB systems?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I think you will need 2 HTIB setups with HDMI then to do what you want. One has to have 2 HDMI outs (one to go to the other HTIB and the other for your TV), and one has to have HDMI in to accept the HDMI from the other HTIB. Still no guarantee it will work as you have to make sure the source HTIB can send 2 streams out at the same time via HDMI.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you will need 2 HTIB setups with HDMI then to do what you want. One has to have 2 HDMI outs (one to go to the other HTIB and the other for your TV), and one has to have HDMI in to accept the HDMI from the other HTIB. Still no guarantee it will work as you have to make sure the source HTIB can send 2 streams out at the same time via HDMI.
Great. Thanks a lot for your help. Your answers were very helpfull.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Great. Thanks a lot for your help. Your answers were very helpfull.
If you have to buy... I would go the AVR route as you will most likely have better quality, more inputs, and YPAO. :T

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Quote:
ellisr63 wrote:

Yes

Ok to me this says you have two rooms and you are putting one in each. Why do you have to connect them at all? An HTIB is an independant system it doesn't "need" anything else besides the TV. Also if you are trying to hook up both systems in one room to get better sound, it won't work out that way. It will sound disjointed and probably echo

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Quote:
ellisr63 wrote:

Yes

Ok to me this says you have two rooms and you are putting one in each. Why do you have to connect them at all? An HTIB is an independant system it doesn't "need" anything else besides the TV. Also if you are trying to hook up both systems in one room to get better sound, it won't work out that way. It will sound disjointed and probably echo
I think he wants to send one source to both rooms.:T

1 - 20 of 22 Posts