Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
I already have this mic and was wondering if it would be at least as good as some of the $100 or less options like the behringer ECM 8000, nady CM100, or the DBX RTA-M for use with the REW software.

Also, what would be the recommended amount of bass traps in a small bedroom studio 10 x 12 ?
I have 2 already and was thinking of getting 2 or 4 more. I've heard you can't have enough bass traps in a small room and was wanting some opinions on that.

And finally, would there be an advantage to putting some acoustic treatment on the ceiling ?
I was thinking of putting some above the speakers and mix position.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it's a C414B-TLII. Thanks for the response. I guess I can see what the graphs of the other mics look like and compare from there. I'm just wondering if the coloration of the mic itself would scew the REW tests as opposed to using one of the lower priced but more geared for the "calibration" than the color. Also if it being a larger capsule would make any difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great advice and direction !
I'm going to focus on bass traps now and consider the akg mic a good, useable choice.
It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a room tuned to nice sounding microphone.
I've found that akg mic to be able to handle harsher voices, tambourine, and harmonica quite well compared to some other mic choices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
then my next question would be , which of the three choices would you pick considering accuracy, build quality, etc. behringer ECM 8000, nady CM100, or the DBX RTA-M for use with the REW software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another question, would it be better to put bass traps floor to ceiling with no space between them or center them , space them, or have space at the top or bottom ? Say for example that each trap was 23" tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts