Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

We're moving house, and the cinema room has a hole in the front wall that seems perfect for an IB setup. I have capable fronts (Two Beyma 15p80nd and a TPL150H in each) so the subwoofer will get LFE duty only. Now, LFE extends to 120Hz and beyond.
I have seen a guy that was VERY happy with his IB setup using four BMS 18N860 drivers. I like the drivers, but I am am bit unsure if the IB setup will give me chest compression in the upper region. I am not concerned with ULF stuff, that will be fine I'm guessing.
The BMS drivers will work in other alignments too, which is why they would be a nice compromise.

PS. My main experience with 'proper' subs is my RL-p15 LLT sonotubes that I've had a few years. Happy with them, but it's time to try something new.

Any thoughts on IB for LFE work?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not technically, I guess.
But my former dial RL-p15 LLT sonotubes didn't really do midbass, not the way my current LCRs can.
But I'm going with IB anyway, I'll just add some midbass punch to the LFE with another sub(s) if needed. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe! I agree in that, but if the 'invisible' IB can do the entire LFE (and it will be exclusively LFE, my mains are fine for music and fullrange duty) I'd rather not have more boxes behind my baffle wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts