Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I am using Winxp laptop without hdmi output. Hate to switch rca input when using REW.

I want to buy a laptop with hdmi output, but find that most OS is Win 8.1.

My question is that can I use REW in Win 8.1 laptop? And does Intel HD Graphics display chip support ASIO4ALL?

Thanks for reply!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now I am using Winxp laptop without hdmi output. Hate to switch rca input when using REW.

I want to buy a laptop with hdmi output, but find that most OS is Win 8.1.

My question is that can I use REW in Win 8.1 laptop? And does Intel HD Graphics display chip support ASIO4ALL?

Thanks for reply!
Yes, Yes and yes,.
I've just purchased a MS Surface Pro 3 and it works a treat. Super easy now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, but I did find that the AUX HDMI input on my receiver is only 2 channel.
Thanks for the info, that's a bummer about the AUX input.

After your mentioning the Surface 3 I looked it up online, and then went to go look at one locally. Very interesting bit of kit, but decided it wasn't quite right for me. If the OP is still shopping, I found the HP Stream 11 the absolutely best bang for buck Win8x64 full HDMI solution out there (if you can get past the color choices LOL). And if you don't like Win8, remember all new machines sold will be eligible for a free Win10 upgrade later.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's a bummer about the AUX input.

After your mentioning the Surface 3 I looked it up online, and then went to go look at one locally. Very interesting bit of kit, but decided it wasn't quite right for me. If the OP is still shopping, I found the HP Stream 11 the absolutely best bang for buck Win8x64 full HDMI solution out there (if you can get past the color choices LOL). And if you don't like Win8, remember all new machines sold will be eligible for a free Win10 upgrade later.
The issue with the AUX input isn't really a problem, I just use one of the other inputs on the rear. But it would have been nice if it were mentioned in the manual. ;)

Can't really compare the surface 3 to the HP. The HP is like a toy compared to the Surface, which is essentially made to replace a full blown notebook.
If the goal is for a REW task specific device, then sure, the HP will work just fine and is very economical as you said. But if there is a multi-use requirement, then the HP will be a false economy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can't really compare the surface 3 to the HP.
Exactly why I avoided doing so (realizing everyone's needs are different, and with respect my take on the two is quite different from yours).

I simply wanted to point out a very cost effective Win8 REW multichannel HDMI laptop option to the OP.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I bought HP Stream 11 with win 8.1, it works well!
Refurbished HP Stream 11.6" Laptop, Intel N2840 2.16GHz Dual-Core, 2GB DDR3L, 32GB Solid State Drive, Win8.1 - (Choose Color: Blue or Magenta) is now $134.99 on WOOT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts