Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to use my Windows 7 laptop to take REW measurments but get the error message that my Sound Blaster live 24 bit external sound card's software is not compatible with Windows 7.

Anyone have any tips to get it to work.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!

Thanks for the link, I will try it when I get home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone managed to download this beta version and get it to work ? When i tried I got a message saying it couldnt be found. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried out some of the beta's but there still not full functionality and the SB External just doesn't work right with W7 and REW. I am just going to stick with the older XP laptop for now, just worried the screen might go out completely since there are a lot of dead pixels on it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can run REW just fine on a W7 computer, it is the discontinued SoundBlaster Live External that's the problem. I bet there is another more computer savy user who can figure it out.

My problem was I was unable to calibrate the sound card correctly due to the level's being too far off. Since I was unable to open the proper window for the SB Liver External I couldn't raise or lower the level for the calibration. I kept on getting error messages saying that it was not compatible with my version of windows even after the beta.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts