Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right this is a 10" Cerwin Vega Stroker sub that I want to make an enclosure for. I was gonna sell it but thought what the I will go ahead and try it for home theatre. Here are the T/S parameters:

Fs: 36hz
Qts: .72
Qms: 10.2
Qes: .775
Vas: .566ft3
Xmax 29mm
Revc 2 x 1.6ohm

It is a DVC 2ohm sub that handles 2000 watts RMS. I gave it a shot with WinISD beta and about 3.8ft3 tuned @ 20hz looks pretty good for this sub I thought, but I am definitely not an expert.... so any recommendations would be awesome from you experienced guys. I will start out powering it with an O Audio 500 watt bash but might jump up to a Behringer EP2500 at some point.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't have the O audio bash yet for this sub. I have an O audio bash that I am running with a different enclosure.... this one:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45528

I had a behringer ep2500 running it but sold it because I could tell no difference in sound with the o audio bash. Its possible I just don't turn the gain up as much as some people but I never run it into clipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am almost positive it is one way for the xmax.

This is actually a really nice sub... I had it in my car tuned to 29hz and it is actually the best sounding sub I have heard in a car. I liked the way it sounded better than a sealed JL Audio 15" I had in the same car.

I would really like to try it as a home theatre sub. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
3 cu.ft. tuned to 20 hz is optimum for the O Audio 500 amp. The high pass filter needs to be set at 20 hz which also has about 4 db of boost. A slot port needs to be 2" x 6" x 50.75" long to keep the air speed acceptable. This is assuming the Xmax is 29mm, you should contact Cerwin Vega support to verify this before you start anything. It will take some figuring to get that port in the box.

Stroker 10.JPG

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the newer stroker. That slot port seems really small to me. And I found out yes the Xmax is one way.

One other thing... in a 3ft3 enclosure with that size port (2" x 6") wouldn't the port length be around 22 inches instead of 50.75? Did you possibly mean a port that was 2" x 16"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts