Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening

I want to build 2 X 12 inches subwoofer for my home theater. I am looking to build a sub that will be very tight, fast and articulate with its bass response that would provide a great movie game and musical experience!

my listening preferences are as follow: 5% music, 45 % games 50% movies.

Room is 13 X 10 X 8 and sub will be driven by 2 behringer EP4000.

MY current speakers are Behringer B212XL .

Any recommendation in term of driver and cabinet size ( 14 X 14 X 15 would be a nice footprint if achievable) and amount of polyfill i should stuff the cabinet with

Alain

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
What is your budget?

Fast and tight can be done by any size subwoofer. If wanting a small subwoofer and enough SPL than you will most likely need a high quality driver with a powerful amp. Many different choices are out there. Just depends how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is your budget?

Fast and tight can be done by any size subwoofer. If wanting a small subwoofer and enough SPL than you will most likely need a high quality driver with a powerful amp. Many different choices are out there. Just depends how much you want to spend.
Hi

In term of amp i have 2 EP4000. budget wise hummm around $600 to $800 each since i want to build 2 ....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
2 of these Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofers will do the job nicely - Parts Express also sells easy to assemble cabinets for them OR there are several reviews with different build projects....

Ultimaxx are very good subs - I have 2 of the 15's in my home theater ...

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Hi

In term of amp i have 2 EP4000. budget wise hummm around $600 to $800 each since i want to build 2 ....
Sounds like plenty of amp and budget, if anything, too much amp for some 12s >:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts