Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried playing a sine wave manually at higher than 12500hz on my USB creative audigy 2 NX but get no sound out from the speaker. Notice that the REW output level turns to silver in colour.

Can your sound card with REW plays higher than 12.5mhz?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The REW sine wave generator allows frequencies up to half the sample rate at which the card is operating, which is 24,000Hz for a card running at a 48kHz sample rate. When you say the output level turns silver, do you mean the coloured bar which shows the level? This goes grey when the generator is turned off, shows in colour when the generator is on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is the bar with the dB FS on top of this bar with number running from 0, -3, -6, -9, till -45.

there is sound on my speaker at 12500hz any higher this bar will show grey instead of colours when outputing sine wave.

wonder what i did wrongly.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Very strange. Is the play button still lit (i.e. the button with the green triangle in it)? If you look in the diagnostic log files are there any error messages in them? The location of the log files is shown in the Help -> About Room EQ Wizard panel, the files are roomeq_wizard0.log.txt, roomeq_wizard1.log.txt etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok found out that i only clicked the green play icon once. need to click twice for the sine wave to play for my case. My hearing goes till only 16khz instead of 20khz...hearing lost already? luckily 20hz still intact...

btw, great tool with a great support!!! whats more you get to try it out and keep it for free!!! :T :T :T

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes you are right, :duh: there is drop of about 4-6db for 16khz,17,18, 19 and 20khz using my spl meter.

These high pitch sound are pretty hard to pick up. Only when u r really paying attention or with your ear near your speaker then will u notice that it is there. in fact 22khz can also be heard if my ear is near the speaker. I suppose my hearing is still good. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts