Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Shakers,

I some imported IR .wav Files I cannot change the window size of the "Left Window (ms)" in the "IR Windows" Tab .
It is fixed at 10 ms. Why is that and how can I change this?

Thanks in advance an regards from Germany
Sebastian

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The peak of the impulse is probably 10 ms from the start of the file, so more than 10 ms would mean going before the data starts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I can't change the window size in any direction, neither smaller nor bigger.

It's only with certain IR Measurements and it doesn't make a difference if I make a new project and and new IR import.

And to me it seems taht there is no reason in the IR, to not change the window size.

REW fixed window size .jpg

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
There is just under 9.7 ms of data to the left of the peak, if you type a value of 9.6 or lower into the left window you will be able to adjust it. I'll make a change to ensure REW sets the window to the correct maximum allowed in this circumstance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, now that works with the keyboard input ;-) Thanks.

But now appears another bug.
I can choose left window size smaller than 1 ms, e.g. 0.0 ms, and also "Apply" it, but as soon as I choose another file an come back to the previous file (with the 0.0 ms window) again, it says 1.0 ms in the "IR options" - but the Curve stays the same as with 0.0 ms. Same if I save the measurement and open it again later.

That's as confusing as my explanation ;-) - but I guess you guys understand what I mean.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
It's part of the same bug that caused the original problem, it's all fixed for the next release (though I don't know when that will be).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts