Discussion Starter #1
here's the debug file.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: cant cal sound card

I can adjust levels (so they match) ect. But I don't get the line on the graph at the end for calibration.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Anybody have an idea why I can't get the sound card calibrated???????I've uninstalled and reinstalled REW a couple of times and that doesn't make any diff, still no calibration line on the graph.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts

Depends which line you are referring to. If you post a screenshot of the graph at the end of the cal that may give an idea what is going on, make sure the trace you want to see is selected (there is a tick in the box next to its name) and that the graph range is set correctly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

everything is checked (except mic/meter cal and sound card cal), nothing shows up on the graph. where should the graph range be set at??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

here's what I see after running the cal. graph.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts

Set the frequency axis to logarithmic by clicking the button third from right in the toolbar. In the graph legend what values do you see for the "Soundcard" trace after running through the "Measure" sequence from the soundcard settings?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

graph2.jpg looks like the values are correct now but I still don't get anything after doing the measure sequence. Here's what it looks like after I go through the process, the only step I would have left is to "make cal", but because there is nothing there I can't do that..??

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts

What values do you see for the "Soundcard" trace, i.e. as you move the cursor position on the graph what numbers are being shown in the legend for the trace labelled "Soundcard"? Please also post an image of the "Scope" tab after you have been through the Measure process. Were there any error or warning messages while stepping through the Measure process?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

scope.jpg here's the scope.....not sure exactly what you mean by "what numbers are being shown in the legend for the trace labelled SOUNDCARD"?? If I'm understanding you correctly....that is the problem I'm having, nothing is there (there is no soundcard trace):gah:. Then again there's a fairly good chance I'm not fully understanding the question.....:bigsmile:

·
Registered
7,514 Posts

not sure exactly what you mean by "what numbers are being shown in the legend for the trace labelled SOUNDCARD"??
The information in the notes for the soundcard trace like shown below...

information.jpg

brucek

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts

Those notes figures would be useful, but I meant the figures in the legend below the graph

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

the ones john is looking for are all 0's......

the ones bruce was asking about are...
sample rate--48000hz
-3db points 0.0hz, 24000hz
inpute device sb audygiy audio(c400)
input--wave
channel ---right
input volume---.501
input rms target -12db
actual rms at 1khz -16.1db
output device----sb audygy audio (c400)
output speaker
sweep level -12db
20hz-20khz flatness +0.0,-0.0db

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts

The line is there, it is just perfectly flat at 0dB. The reason for that is you have WAVE selected as the input to the soundcard, so the output data is being fed straight back internally giving a perfectly flat line. Set the input to the Line In.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

sound card cal.jpg
thanks for the help .....now I'm gettin somewhere:T..........Is this what it should look like though:scratchhead:???????

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figured out part of my problem....my sound card won't save the changes I am making (in the sound card inself) to get the sound card calibrated.....it won't let me "apply" the changes. So if I go out of rew is resets its self back to default(volume settings also). Any idea how to fix that?? Also the way I have it set up to work will not let me adjust the input volume(in rew), I have to goto the sound card itself and adjust the input vol and the wav vol to full and I adjust speaker vol to match the output on the meter.......is this correct??

You told me not to use "wave" but if I turn it off I loose all my signal, likewise if I turn off "input" I loose all my signal so I have been leaving them both on.

Or maybe I am supposed to re cal. the sound card every when using REW.
thanks for all the help.....rich

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
On an Audigy (typically) Wave needs to be active to be available for the output, but your input should come from the signal called LINE_IN which is the "Analog Mix" from the soundcard, the line level is controlled from the soundcard's analog mix settings. I'm not clear what you mean by "turning off" wave or "input". You can make those selections with REW's input device and input selectors, or leave those as default and make the selections in your soundcard's control panel.

The soundcard cal only needs to be done once and saved as a cal file, REW will automatically reload the cal file when it starts up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know this is getting a little old but..... when exactly do I use the whole "left channel for reference"........just on the sound card cal----or just for measurements----- or never?????

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
when exactly do I use the whole "left channel for reference".
Never. The left channel remains unused at all times, and do not check the box.. It's a special case used when you want to establish system delays.

brucek

1 - 20 of 20 Posts