333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the debug file.

Attachments

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: cant cal sound card

I can adjust levels (so they match) ect. But I don't get the line on the graph at the end for calibration.

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Anybody have an idea why I can't get the sound card calibrated???????I've uninstalled and reinstalled REW a couple of times and that doesn't make any diff, still no calibration line on the graph.

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

everything is checked (except mic/meter cal and sound card cal), nothing shows up on the graph. where should the graph range be set at??

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

here's what I see after running the cal. Text Line Pattern Design Square

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Font Technology Electronic device Display device
looks like the values are correct now but I still don't get anything after doing the measure sequence. Here's what it looks like after I go through the process, the only step I would have left is to "make cal", but because there is nothing there I can't do that..??

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Purple Colorfulness Violet Text Line
here's the scope.....not sure exactly what you mean by "what numbers are being shown in the legend for the trace labelled SOUNDCARD"?? If I'm understanding you correctly....that is the problem I'm having, nothing is there (there is no soundcard trace):gah:. Then again there's a fairly good chance I'm not fully understanding the question.....:bigsmile:

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

the ones john is looking for are all 0's......

the ones bruce was asking about are...
sample rate--48000hz
-3db points 0.0hz, 24000hz
inpute device sb audygiy audio(c400)
input--wave
channel ---right
input volume---.501
input rms target -12db
actual rms at 1khz -16.1db
output device----sb audygy audio (c400)
output speaker
sweep level -12db
20hz-20khz flatness +0.0,-0.0db

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Text Line Slope Plot Design

thanks for the help .....now I'm gettin somewhere:T..........Is this what it should look like though:scratchhead:???????

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I figured out part of my problem....my sound card won't save the changes I am making (in the sound card inself) to get the sound card calibrated.....it won't let me "apply" the changes. So if I go out of rew is resets its self back to default(volume settings also). Any idea how to fix that?? Also the way I have it set up to work will not let me adjust the input volume(in rew), I have to goto the sound card itself and adjust the input vol and the wav vol to full and I adjust speaker vol to match the output on the meter.......is this correct??

You told me not to use "wave" but if I turn it off I loose all my signal, likewise if I turn off "input" I loose all my signal so I have been leaving them both on.

Or maybe I am supposed to re cal. the sound card every when using REW.
thanks for all the help.....rich

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know this is getting a little old but..... when exactly do I use the whole "left channel for reference"........just on the sound card cal----or just for measurements----- or never?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.