Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to locate Sintra or something equivalent in quality to use for a screen. The only thing I've been able to find is something called Komacell? I guess that a mix of Celtec and Komatex? I don't know....anyway the biggest they have is 4x10. I was trying to find at least a 5ft wide piece because I want to put a border around it and would like a larger screen. I was hoping for a 110-120" viewable screen area (after the border) 16x9 screen. I'm in W.V. and not having much luck, any suggestions?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I'm trying to locate Sintra or something equivalent in quality to use for a screen. The only thing I've been able to find is something called Komacell? I guess that a mix of Celtec and Komatex? I don't know....anyway the biggest they have is 4x10. I was trying to find at least a 5ft wide piece because I want to put a border around it and would like a larger screen. I was hoping for a 110-120" viewable screen area (after the border) 16x9 screen. I'm in W.V. and not having much luck, any suggestions?
Search engines are your friend. :T Enter your location and then "sintra" or "plastic sheets" after that then look through the results to find a supplier close to you. Try different search engines too, they aren't all the same.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's a lot easier to find Sintra with the phone than online. Call plastic supply places and sign shops. Somebody will have it or it's equivalent. Any brand of expanded PVC foam board. Some brands have an invisible plastic surface protector on one side. Find out if yours does and be sure and remove it before you paint. Also, if you have that, you'll need to clean the adhesive residue off the sintra or you'll get bad fish eye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts