Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a favorite software application for removing pops and ticks on LP's after capturing?

I have a fairly large LP collection (300+) which I've been considering digitizing for archival purposes.

I've done this before using CoolEdit Pro with excellent results. I've also used the newer Adobe Audition w/same results. Really cleans up nice with no noticeable artifacts.

What's your weapon of choice? Procedure?

Pep

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have used Bias Soundsoap for a few years, now. It does work on pops and clicks fairly well. It is not perfect, by any means, when it comes to removing hiss - it tends to remove musical content, as well. You have to be careful with it - if the threshold is set too high, quiet signals sound garbled (lose their high frequency definition).

I am interested in the Wavelab program, however. How do you like that application, trifidmaster?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Does anyone know any good resources for RX? I know it can do very well, but I need to understand it's functions a bit better. (I know, read the manual, but I'm a see it to understand it kinda person)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts