Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am planning on upgrading my stereo system in my 2018 Accord. I'm very confused and getting different information from different stereo shops. I am working on a $2,000 budget and here are the two options.
Option 1 - front component morel tempo ultra, leaving factory rears, memphis audio 12" sub, kenwood 5 channel amp and a rockford fosgate dsr1 processor for $2300. This includes tuning and install.

Option 2 - front component Morel Tempo Ultra, leaving Factory Rears, JL 10 inch sub, JL xd700 5 channel amp and a audiocontrol lc6i for $2,000. The owner of this shop says i do not need a dsp for the stereo to sound good.

I have read mixed reviews on the Rockford dsr1 and do not have the budget to buy a more expensive processor. My question is is the processor really necessary for me to get some quality sound?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes it makes a huge difference if used properly , obviously takes time and educating yourself on how to use a calibrated mic and use the measurements ....Ill make it very easy on you ..THIS is the processor you want ... It accepts measurements and auto correction from REW - a free program.... And its alot less expensive than the others mentioned... You will also need the MiniDSP UMIK 1 microphone or the equivalent like DAYTON UMM-6

https://www.minidsp.com/products/car-audio-dsp/c-dsp-6x8

MOREL is definately a good choice , but I would definately replace the rear stock speakers down the road....

FWIW - do not use CAR TOYS for install....they WILL rob you...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you heard of any of this equipment that others are reccomending on these forums?
Sb acoustics mids
Seas prestige tweeters
Zapco amps
Audiifrog subs
Helix dsp2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts