Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I was to put a rlp15 into my accord in a box similar to the recommendations on SS website (3.5 ported to 28) what kind of amp would you guys recommend. It has been years since I have messed with car audio so I dont have a clue of a good but affordable amp to drive this. Also, in the past I always just ran a big gauge wire from amp to battery. Is there now something I should put between the two (capacitors, etc) i really have no clue... I know this is the "home theater" shack but I like you guys and most of you seem pretty knowledgeable :bigsmile:
thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
So if I was to put a rlp15 into my accord in a box similar to the recommendations on SS website (3.5 ported to 28) what kind of amp would you guys recommend. It has been years since I have messed with car audio so I dont have a clue of a good but affordable amp to drive this. Also, in the past I always just ran a big gauge wire from amp to battery. Is there now something I should put between the two (capacitors, etc) i really have no clue... I know this is the "home theater" shack but I like you guys and most of you seem pretty knowledgeable :bigsmile:
thanks!
This is not a car forum, but it is a SoundSplinter forum...
I would recommend at least a 500 W amp. It is important to place a fuse right after the battery to protect against any cable shorts. In my car I do not put capacitors or whatsoever.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I would suggest contacting Mike at SoundSplinter via their website.... he can tell ya exactly what you'll need for power. He has a car audio forum as well for SoundSplinter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts