Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend wants me to build a car subwoofer for him It is going to have about 5 ft3 of air and its going to be tuned to about 30hz
the sub that he wants is a Dayton DCS385-4 15" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm and the amp that he is going to be using is a Pyle PLAD412 4x150W Amplifier 1000W max
Im a little worried about this cause Ive never heard anything about these products, and he has a limited budget 100$sub and a 100$ amp
can someone please self assure me this can go well lol
thanks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My friend wants me to build a car subwoofer for him It is going to have about 5 ft3 of air and its going to be tuned to about 30hz
the sub that he wants is a Dayton DCS385-4 15" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm and the amp that he is going to be using is a Pyle PLAD412 4x150W Amplifier 1000W max
Im a little worried about this cause Ive never heard anything about these products, and he has a limited budget 100$sub and a 100$ amp
can someone please self assure me this can go well lol
thanks
I don't know about the pyle. I've never heard good things about those amps.

I also suggest you get the Dayton RS sub instead. Even the 10" would probably best the classic.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what i told him...Thanks for that sub info I may change it to that, I am also thinking about telling him to get multiple tang band speakers...do you know any better amps for less them 100$ :dontknow:

·
Registered
27 Posts
where are you located in Canada Or US?
I bought some Visonik 10" subs (3) from XS Cargo, a few years back, and i picked up a Bass Inferno Amp off of EBay, the 2000w mono amp. i also run a 5 Farad capacitor. that rocks my little car.
I didn't build the box to proper specs, I just built it so that it was like 1 cubic foot inside not including the sub. do to limited space and weight it is heavy.
I would look around, my subs were like $40 each and the amp i got was $150
found this on Ebay as well not bad price

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ya thats what i told him...Thanks for that sub info I may change it to that, I am also thinking about telling him to get multiple tang band speakers...do you know any better amps for less them 100$ :dontknow:
I'm not enough into car audio to know, honestly.

I don't think you are going to get much for 100 bucks though. Even a Class D kit costs more than that to construct. I suggest a savings plan.

I'd also suggest you consider an Infinity sub too. They have very low distortion even at high SPL and they stay very linear.

I don't think I couldn't even build an amp from parts for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts