Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a black burbur for the stage in my HT. No luck so far, but HD has that really think outdoor carpet my wife says to use due to the price. This is just for the stage, but does anyone know if with this really thin stuff you can use a pad?

And whats the best way to secure it?
I wanted to use regular tack strips, but I dont think I can with this thin stuff.

Thanks
Kirby

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
HD has that really think outdoor carpet my wife says to use due to the price. This is just for the stage, but does anyone know if with this really thin stuff you can use a pad?
That's what I used for my riser (interior/exterior carpet from Lowes) ....you can use flooring glue or there's a tape too :yes:

Why do you want to use a pad under the carpet??? ...I think that if you glue it on top of the wood is enough.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I used for my riser (interior/exterior carpet from Lowes) ....you can use flooring glue or there's a tape too :yes:

Why do you want to use a pad under the carpet??? ...I think that if you glue it on top of the wood is enough.

I wanted to use a pad for comfort but also to make the rolled edge thicker and more gradual.

Applying it direct would be easy but will it look as good?
Kirby
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts