Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I had Graham draw me up some plans for this project. Going to do a dual SI 15" D2 ported box. It will be 12 cu ft tuned to 15 Hz. It will sit under my projector screen and will house my center channel speaker. I will be powering it with a fan/heat sink modded Behringer iNuke 3000DSP to a 4Ω load. This is going to be a long project. I told Graham I thought I was crazy to bite this off with the way my schedule looks. Hope you all enjoy the build process with me!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys...

Mike, my room is around 18' x 20' or so. I have run with a sono with a Adire Tempest for around 10 yrs and it has served me well. I am ready to put up or shut up! ;)

Always a great day when the doorbell rings on delivery day :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Making some dust... My jig saw has definitely seen some action from those bracing section cut outs! :blink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to use some 1/4 ply to give the t-nuts some bite. I epoxied them in and spread a little around the outside edges to help keep them snug. The first pic is pre t-nuts.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Great looking build so far. :T

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Slow progress as of late... The weather has been getting bad and my shed is not heated. :sad:

Graham, I had this section all ready to go and did a test fit. I had to recut these pieces as my bottom was a little on the small side. The front baffle hung over by a 1/16th give or take. Also, I didn't like the way the first port peice attached to the back piece. I had the back piece on the bench and tried to push down on the port piece and nail it down. It didn't snug up like I wanted. I think the next go I may try to attach the port piece first and then attach that to the bottom. Thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Graham,

No the front baffle hung over the bottom peice about 1/16 to 3/32. Just enough to annoy me... What I did this time is cut the bottom blank about 20-1/8. Then I will just flush trim it at the bottom.

I am thinking of attaching the first port piece to the back before attaching the back to the bottom. Thoughts?

Casey

1 - 20 of 62 Posts