Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am more than likely going to buy the Crest CC-5500. I have looked and cannot find what people have used to replace the fans. I am sure its not that big of a deal having replaced the fans in an Inuke 3000DSP and Crest ProLite 7.5. Any ideas suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I would just have a look at the fans in the amp itself and check the specs from the model number. Then buy an aftermarket fan that fits. I replaced my fans on my Crest Pro7200 and they have been doing just fine for 3 years now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without getting nutty it really pretty simple once I get the amp look at the fans write down the model number look at the specs then find an aftermarket with a lower db rating. I somehow thought it was more involved and used what others suggested for their mods. Pretty simple thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I used Noctua fans and have Fractal on my other amp. SO it is pretty straight forward. Happy to see another Crest amp in the mix. CC's are monster amps. Wish I had a few of those also.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
My Crest has a Jaro DC Brushless fan (model #AD0805HX-C71 5 volt fan)... I have not been successful finding the specs. Does anyone know what fan I could replace it with that is quieter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
nwf477 - did you ever get a CC 5500 and do a fan swap?

I just received mine and while the fans are quiet in comparison to the stock Behringer EP, INUKE, and LG clone fans they are still audible at low speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts