Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up a new to me system, so far I have a nice sony str7055 playing my turntable and my ps4. Between the the two I'm playing vinyl and spotify but my ps4 doesn't play CDs at all. I have a fairly large collection, but spotify is making them somewhat obsolete. Is it worth picking up a CD player? Or should I just pack them up and free up the shelf space?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dan,
I face the same decision. At the moment the sq of playing a CD over streaming is very noticeable so I play CDs when I'm sitting down to listen, but I hate having to getup to change CD. I find myself playing a few them just switching back to streaming.

I'm currently working on improving the Sq og my streaming so I don't have to play the CDs. Most of my CDs are packed up, my goal is to retire them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CDs don't even have much value at used music stores any more as trades or selling-off a collection. Nobody wants to mess with discs any more. Machines that play CDs are a dime a dozen at garage sales and auction sites. No need to spend money on a new device that plays CDs. If you have a CD or DVD ROM drive in your computer, that may play CDs and if you have the right sort of output jacks, you can connect your computer to your stereo and play CDs that way without adding more hardware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Consider using flash disks I think its much more better. You can have someone transfer your files using a computer to the flash disks. CDs are running obsolete. Also stream from you tube if not spotify and itunes, its easier and more fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts