Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I purchased the SVS Ultra Towers and the Ultra Center and am pretty happy with them, especially with movies. I am driving them with an Outlaw 7200 so they really sing. I'm using a pair of Vanderstein Model 1B's for the surrounds but would like to replace them with SVS speakers. I'm thinking about the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speaker but then I got thinking about the SVS Prime Towers.
Any thoughts as to which might sound better, match the Ultra Towers, etc.?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Either will match up tonally, because SVS designed them that way... as well as they are ambiance speakers for the most part. I have used both (back and forth between higher mounted bookshelves/wall speakers and floorstanding... with several different models) and have not been able to tell a difference either way. I think it comes down to your personal preference.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ok I purchased the SVS Ultra Towers and the Ultra Center and am pretty happy with them, especially with movies. I am driving them with an Outlaw 7200 so they really sing. I'm using a pair of Vanderstein Model 1B's for the surrounds but would like to replace them with SVS speakers. I'm thinking about the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speaker but then I got thinking about the SVS Prime Towers.
Any thoughts as to which might sound better, match the Ultra Towers, etc.?
I bought sonnie's ultra system and couldn't be happier. For my understanding the tweeters on both ultras and primes are identical. I'm running the ultra bookshelfs and I see no issue with these as a surround speaker. I suppose you could buy two prime bookshelfs for the same price as one ultra. Honestly for the surrounds I think the Prime bookshelfs would be a good match and only set you back 500 bucks

41 - 44 of 44 Posts