Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have any knowledge about this Celestion impact S1 sub? I can't find any info about it. I have an chance to buy one for $85 and was wondering if it would be an upgrade to my Polk psw250.

The guys said he'd throw in a JBL center speaker with it, not sure the model number.

Any advice i would be grateful.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i wonder why i couldn't find any info on it. i thought maybe it was one of those white van specials or something. Do you think $85 is a good deal for that or would it be better to save up and wait for a good deal on something better?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Celestion SL1 L&R connectors/Sony AV Mono Ouput

I just retired my ancient Yamaha AV receiver, but I am keeping the old speakers including a self-powered Celestion SL1 subwoofer. I am in the process of connecting the speakers to a new Sony AV receiver model STR-DN850.

The Celestion has a LEFT RCA connector and a RIGHT RCA connector which was fine with my old A/V receiver. The Sony A/V doesn't have those L&R connectors. The Sony instructions say to connect a monophonic connector from the Sony to the sub. There are two sub connectors on the Sony both marked in gray, not red and white.

I called Sony. I asked if I should use one of the A/V sub outputs and arbitrarily pick either a LEFT or RIGHT input to the sub. It was a new situation for them. I was pleased with their polite desire to be helpful, but I wasn't convinced that their response was from a source of absolute knowledge.

It was suggested that it would not damage anything if I connect both sub outputs from the A/V receiver to both L&R inputs of the subwoofer OR just one of the A/V outputs to either L or R input of the sub.

Any thoughts on the subject?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts