Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some old Cerwin Vega stereo speakers. The cabinets are really beat up, all the speakers are in great condition. I was thinking of remaking the cabinets. The question is that making new cabinets that match the old ones would I need to do any tweaking to the cabinets to get a better sound?

Bruce

·
Registered
9 Posts
Add bracing, this will require making the cabs a little bigger to give you the same net volume. Keep the baffle dimensions the same and make your baffles thicker, double up on the mdf.
What CV's are you talking about?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a pair of CV VS120's. I just can't bring myself to part ways with them. I bought them from Curcuit City in 1994 and they haven't really let me down to this point. I actually, (knock on wood), have had no issues with surround rot or cabinet issues. Other than a few small knicks from moving on the corners, they still make me happy.

Which model do you have?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought some CVs back in like 1991...Some at12's...I LOVED THEM...I could kick myself for selling them when I did..Im actually thinking of buying some new cerwins next year incometax time. Great sounding, loud and great bass response. OR so the ones I had were...DOnt know about the newer models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts