Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it was funny, and we kinda were hijackin his thread... so I thought I'll start a new one. If its a bad spot, please move it mods ;)

But really, I have always bought new... you just don't know what the other person did to the equipment. I'm OCD, if I do something to my equipment that I know really didn't do anything but could over time, the back of my mind says "it's permanent! you should blow it and recone it! It will never be the same until you do!" especially when it comes to pairs. I couldn't buy 2 speakers from 2 different places/people. weird. kind of a rant, eh?

weirdo

·
Registered
181 Posts
HA! I just saw this. If it was not sombody I trusted I would never even humor the idea. I've read a lot of Otto's posts here and he and I have gotten to be pretty good buds since then. I have the first 2 MJ18's in the basement now and 2 more in a month. They seem to be in perfect condition so I'm happy.

You're right though, you do have to be cautious. The amp I got had very mis leading info posted. The seller offered to cancel but I opted to keep it knowing I can use it for another project and it's a good solid amp for the other use. I'll probably use it with the IB until I can afford an EP2500 or the like.

Everytime I have planned to get started on the build SOMETHING comes up. I had tomorrow dedicated to it but we decided to throw a birthday party. With my wife in finishing up finals at school and my work schedule our house work duties have suffered so we are dedicating tomorrow to getting the house taken care of for the party. Sunday... well, that's my do nothing / nap day.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm toying with just waiting until I have all 4 drivers to get started that way I can just do it all in one shot plus I'm having a hard time deciding if I want 2 dual driver manifolds, one right and one left or trying to find a way to get one centered, which, I'm not even sure I can do. I could also do 1 with all 4 off the the left hand side near the left main speaker... or a massive array.

I'll know what I'm doing for sure when I leaves Lowes with cut wood.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think 1 left and 1 right may have some coupling/cancellation issues? And all left...just unbalanced! I like 2 duals 1 quad... what do you mean 1 centered? as in 1 manifold centered and one off to one side? Unbalanced! lol

OCD

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nah, I can do one on the right and left sides or one in the center ( maybe) or one off to the far left. I wish there was a way to use the storage room under my staircase but that would put everything behind the listening spot, so, no good. I can't flip the room as there is a staircase behind the couch, well, there is a half wall/ rail and no where to hang the tv. Also, one of the speakers would be right in the way of traffic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts