Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am going to wait on sharing my thoughts until after the weekend when I can drive the center a little harder then -30 on my avr. I can hear the center cleaning up the more I play it. It has surpassed the towers sonically just after a few hours of playing. I put on Steel Pulse's living legacy before I left the house just for a min. Sounds awesome so far. More to come in a few days.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Wow! There's a FedEx truck pulling up in the front yard...what could it possible be?

Wouldn't you know, it's four A1-rxc's & an A2-rxc! The FedEx driver was very nice, helped me unbox them & check for damage. They look flawless. Don't have time to listen now, but I'm really wanting to get to it sooner than later. Gonna have to download REW & figure out how to measure them. I have the XTZ room analyzer pro, will have to figure that out as well. I think I remember a thread about using them together...time for a little research.

Thanks Jon!!! :yes:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice! So did you also end up ordering a pair of A5? I guess you'll have a 5.1 system for a few weeks, and then get an upgrade to 7.1.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yep, the A5's will be the next thing to arrive, hopefully by the end of March! I thinking I can finish my theater by the end of the year. I have a $10,000 roofing repair to make 1st. Should start that next month. Then it's wire & stuff my riser. Paint, carpet & decide on the PJ, AVR & BDP. Getting there bit-by-bit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 20 yr old son wanted a turntable for christmas so he could start listening to vinyl. So in addition to a decent entry level turntable, I also bought him a surprisingly well-reviewed Onkyo tx-nr626 receiver on closeout. I gave him my "old" NAD 550 CD player a few weeks ago and just ordered a set A5's for his birthday mid-March. Looks like he's gonna have a pretty decent system for less than $1200 invested so far. May not be long before he's typing away on HTS too...

I'm really looking forward to hearing the Chane's. Hope I don't decide to just keep them for myself...nah, I wouldn't do that. nope, not me...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts