Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after playing around with REW/BFD, I came up with these plots, Any ideas on what could be tweaked?
Room is fairly small, 12*11*8... equipment used, Onkyo 705, xover set @ 80, Recent RS Analog meter with cal file, X-Fi usb soundcard with soundcard cal file,

MFW-15 with 3 filters, about 10.5 (actual)feet away from listening postion, compensated with 1 foot for the delay in the BFD...

L Channel only(Polk M40 Bookshelf) about 8.5 feet away from listening position

R Channel only(Polk M40 Bookshelf) about 8.0 feet away from listening position

LR Channels only

LR Sub Channels

Thanks for the input :R

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that peak is caused by the right channel being in the corner of my room, I could be wrong though... Could you elaborate on what you mean by "fluke"?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Wayne, that is exactly what I meant.

The sharp negative peaks are nulls and could be due to reflection points not being treated or improper placement of speakers.

One would assume that the placement of your left and right speaker would be in similarly equal distance from the sweat spot and in similar areas of the room. Without seeing a drawing of how your room is laid out it is hard for us to know other than one speaker is 8ft away and the other is 8.5ft.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Fluke" as in something out of the ordinary that wouldn't happen again.

Re the bottom graph, looks like your sub level is too low, and it also looks like your main speakers are running full range.

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks for clearing that up Wayne, Sub level on the Onkyo after running Audyssey is at -5, sub volume is about 9' o'clock. In regards to the speakers, they were originally set at full range from Audyssey, but I set the xover to 80.... I was going to level match the sub to the speakers but the sub was +- 1-2dB within level...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Wayne, that is exactly what I meant.

The sharp negative peaks are nulls and could be due to reflection points not being treated or improper placement of speakers.

One would assume that the placement of your left and right speaker would be in similarly equal distance from the sweat spot and in similar areas of the room. Without seeing a drawing of how your room is laid out it is hard for us to know other than one speaker is 8ft away and the other is 8.5ft.

Thanks Chad, I did a rough sketch, here's the layout...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Wayne, your are correct, I just checked my xover for the LR channels, they were still set on full range, I'll rerun REW and post the updated graphs!!! Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts