Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty new to the forum here, hours of tinkering on where to find the best sub placement, I finally fount a decent spot, its just no where near my couch or main speakers, but its where I achieved my best response (take in mind, my room is absolutely terrible and it took hours to find this spot).

I have SVS PB-13 Ultra, Gain at about 11 o clock, crossover will be used at 80 Hz using my Yamaha RX-V2700.

I have two results, the first one using the 15 Hz tune and the second the 20 Hz tune, which one would you guys choose? Thanks for helping this newbie out :wave:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
reb, not sure what you mean by 15hz and 20hz tune. Are you talking house curve or what.

First of all you need to tame those peaks at 20 and 45hz. DO you have an eq yet like the BFD.

Have you tried simulating how it would look if you did and what filters would be needed ?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have a BFD as of yet, and I have no idea how to simulate as I am still learning the program and how it works, as well as audio itself. As to what I meant by the 15 and 20 hz tune, I meant the Sub sonic filter is set to 15 Hz and 20 Hz, the SVS PB-13 Ultra has 3 port's and all can be open, 1,2, or all three can be plugged and the SSF can bet set to either 20 Hz, 15Hz, 10 Hz or Sealed.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, Rebellion!
I have two results, the first one using the 15 Hz tune and the second the 20 Hz tune, which one would you guys choose? Thanks for helping this newbie out :wave:
I’d take the top one – lower extension. :T

I do not have a BFD as of yet, and I have no idea how to simulate as I am still learning the program and how it works, as well as audio itself.
After you get your response curve, look for the "Filter Tasks" button on the left side of the screen, which is the auto EQ function. Limit the range to your upper crossover frequency. Run the Find Peaks, Assign Filters, Optimize Pk Gain,and Adjust PK Gains functions. Afterwards, you'll see a dotted line on the graph; that is your predicted response after equalizing.

Regards,
Wayne

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fantastic, thx guys, I am definetly going to have to get a BFD right away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts