Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking around at several sealed diy options I went back to my original plan using Rythimk's CI setup.
I ordered 2 15" black HP kits. I started building the boxes over the weekend and am very pleased with the build. Both boxes are sanded and ready for installing magnets and cherry veneer. Anyone have any ideas on a good glue that will stick to mdf and magnets? Epoxy? Anyway I'm glad to finally be building some boxes!!
:D

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Why do you want to glue the magnet?

It is not needed but maybe you want it for other reasons.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you want to glue the magnet?

It is not needed but maybe you want it for other reasons.
lol..:scratch: :scratch: What I want to do is have magnetic grills. :neener: So I need to attach 3/4" magnets into some 3/4" holes drilled in the mdf.. any ideas on what glue to use?
Not glueing the magnet on the driver :yikes:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
LOL.....I thought you meant for magnet support.

Epoxy works if you want a clear finish. If you are using a veneer than Titebond can be used and then the veneer will cover everything up with a "hidden," appearance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL.....I thought you meant for magnet support.

Epoxy works if you want a clear finish. If you are using a veneer than Titebond can be used and then the veneer will cover everything up with a "hidden," appearance.
I use titebond2 for all my wood work and your saying that it will adhear to a magnet? That would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
It worked for all my woodworking needs. My other subwoofer had just expose magnets. I used Titebond glue over the magnet and then just smoothed out the finish before applying my cheap spray finish. That was on my no veneer build.

SO titebond the magnets in sand back surface so smooth and paint or apply veneer. You should be good.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
WOW! When i first started reading this thread i also thought you were talking about the manet on the driver:whistling:.
Personally i would use Epoxy but if other posters have had success with Titebond then i'd go for it as it is cheaper.:T

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Nice work! I wish I had the tools, space, skills and patients to work with wood. I can deal with the first three, but wood has always been the downfall of my skills :( I like the idea of using magnets to hold on the grates. No more broken pegs.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.