Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share my experience with Chase Home Theater speakers. For the past 5 months I have owned a pair of PRO-10's that I use for front left and right duty and an SHO-10 for center duty in a 5.1 system. These replaced 3 RBH 661-SE/R speakers in a dedicated theater, 12Wx22Lx7.5H. Other equipment consists of a Pioneer Elite SC-55, Pioneer BDP140, 2 RBH-1010 SEN subwoofers and a Velodyne SMS-1.
The RBH's are very good speakers but I found myself wanting for higher spl and more dynamic capabilites. For home theater use, the CHT speakers sound more open and dynamic than any speakers I've had in the room and can achieve higher spl's than I can handle, without giving up sound quality.
I have been very impressed with these speakers, especially at their price point. I look forward to upgrading my surrounds and subwoofers to CHT when I can afford them. :T

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've heard SHO-10s in my buddy's HT set-up, and I recently had the opportunity to demo a pair in my own HT set-up. They are very solid performing speakers. :cool:

And the subs are no slouches, either! :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have the same speakers and I love them. They really sound great and like you said for the money they are hard to beat....:T

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tcarcio,
What subwoofers are you using with your CHT speakers? I am seriously considering a pair of SS-18.1's or VS-18.1's but I need to save up for a while to afford them.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
They are indeed wonderful Speakers and I am so glad that everyone is happy with them.
J

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a similar setup - SHO-10 center, and 6x PRO-10s for L, R, and surrounds - I have been running them for about a year in my HT. They are a great value at retail, and even better when you get them as returns (Craig gave me a smoking deal on them as returns last year)!

I'm using two THT LPs for subs - another great value!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I built a THT LP and it can definitely put out some major spl's but I found that in my room, there is a resonant frequency or something that I can here at the sub's location. I bet if I built another one for the other corner it would solve the problem, I just don't have time to build another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts