Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which one I buy? I'm looking for something to clean the hum between a commercial a/v receiver and pro-amp, as well as boost the signal.

I've got the majority of my hum removed by using cheater plugs and ground cable from chassis to chassis. Can't seem to get rid of that last bit of hum though.

So I ordered a Cleanbox II. Then afterwards, I noticed it's not the same thing as the Cleanbox everyone around here seems to talk about. Does that matter?

·
Registered
306 Posts
As far as the clanbox and ground loops goes I have found that it does not eliminate them or even lower their hum when introduced to the system. I had a loop that was driving me insane, just that litttle hum that no one else could hear but was slowly eating away at me. I ended up just turning the volume up on my sub out on my receiver and lowering the output of the cleanbox to the amp. thus effectively quieting the hum but still have the same signal power.

never used the clanbox II but it looks like what you need. give it a go and see how it works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts