Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have cal. my SPL and Levels at my Main Listening Position. I am using ECM 8K, UCA 202, and the Xenyx 502. When I run "Measures", it works fine from the MLP-but, when I shift my mic to the next measuring position and I run "Measures" again for that position, I keep getting the notification that Clipping was detected. I run the "Check Levels" on the measures button prior to running measures and it says Levels is OK. After the warning about clipping, it then tells you to reduce your vol. on AVS or reduce Levels. If I reduce my vol. on the AVS, that will screw up my SPL that I set from the MLP. Should I instead decrease the levels even though I checked them and the program said it is OK? And where do I decrease the levels: in the preferences, in the Levels on the measure page, or on the Xenyx502 (adj. levels or trim on mixer?)? This happens at every new mic location that I try to measure after my initial measurement...!

Thanks for any assistance.

Bob.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. The purpose of the SPL calibration is to “tell” REW where 75 dB is. This so the SPL calibrations on the graphs REW generates are actually meaningful.

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks for the help there Wayne. I've done my filters and have all the necessary info to set up my 1100. I guess my only question is, if I have my crossover from the mains to the SW set at 80hz and my LPF set to 120hz, do I need to apply any filter readings above 80hz or below 30hz (my SW limit)?

Bob.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the help there Wayne. I've done my filters and have all the necessary info to set up my 1100. I guess my only question is, if I have my crossover from the mains to the SW set at 80hz and my LPF set to 120hz, do I need to apply any filter readings above 80hz or below 30hz (my SW limit)?

Bob.
I don't understand... how can you set crossover at 80Hz, and LPF at 120Hz?? I thought they are the same thing?

·
Registered
678 Posts
No, they are not the same thing. The crossover(s) set the frequency at which content from the satellite channels is redirected to the sub channel. The LPF for LFE, as it is usually identified on Denon receivers, sets the LPF frequency for the content on the LFE channel that is going to the sub. The Audyssey setup guide recommends setting this to 120Hz all the time, as DVDs and blurays can be mastered with LFE channel content up to this frequency.

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, they are not the same thing. The crossover(s) set the frequency at which content from the satellite channels is redirected to the sub channel. The LPF for LFE, as it is usually identified on Denon receivers, sets the LPF frequency for the content on the LFE channel that is going to the sub. The Audyssey setup guide recommends setting this to 120Hz all the time, as DVDs and blurays can be mastered with LFE channel content up to this frequency.

Bill
Got it. It is for the LPF channel. Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts