Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not used REW for quite some time but with all the new features, I decided to recalibrate my system. I had no problems in the past with the older versions but cannot get the new version to work. I'm using an ECM8000 mic with an Audio Buddy power supply for the input and HDMI for the output which is different from how I use to do it. In any case, I get an -18 Db overhead when I check the level but when I measure, it gets to zero shortly before the end of the signal. I have tried everything I could think of for the last three days including searching the posts on this site and scouring the web for quick and easy guides to using REW but all to no avail. I have just reached my end point and hope this doesn't turn out to be a simple answer because I already feel stupid. :surrender:

ANY help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Even with the 18 dB of headroom, it is possible that a peak in the response is causing clipping. Adjust the sweep level down a few dB at a time until you get an unclipped result and see at that point if the result makes sense, or post a jpeg for us to look at. Also, you can choose to accept the clipped result just to see how it looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.