Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody use a coaxial cable to connect a sub.? is there a big difference in sound if use coax vs rca?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
there is a difference in the way each propagates the signal, tho, it will work. Since RCA cables are so cheap and readily available, why are you wanting to use coax? Dennis

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
has anybody use a coaxial cable to connect a sub.? is there a big difference in sound if use coax vs rca?
Is it hotter in the summer than it is in the city?:daydream:

RCA is a connector which can terminate coaxial or other cables. In fact, most RCA-terminated audio cables are coaxial. In other words, the answers to your two questions are "yes" and "no."

Kal

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using it for location....I planned to have the sub on the back of the room and for that I have a monster cable for the sub, but if that doesn't work , I left the coax cable next to the screen to place the sub in front along the screen. I've read somewhere here that subs are better place in front that rear, what's your take on locations for subs?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
for ease of connectivity placing the sub near the equipment is best as you don't have to deal with long runs of cable and the possibility of introducing noise over the cable.
But as has already been said it depends on your room layout as to what will work best. Corners tend to give the best result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts