Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to make a logics project out of connecting coaxial cables, digital converter, and other items. Attached should be an image of the major home entertainment items. Have two splitters. Can one use logics symbols to map this out first? Alsol, I would ask if the "IN"/"OUT" markings on the splitters really direct a signal. Much thanks in advance as I await a reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I don't really understand your question and that image may not be the image you wanted to post.

Could you elaborate a little more?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm sorry I still don't understand what it is you're trying to accomplish. Could you restate your goals for this project and the problems you're having?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much thanks for your timely reply. I wanted to see if I could make this project into a lesson on how to use symbolic language to figure how I could satisfy the signals for each electronics with the minimum of coaxial connections i.e. splitters.

Additionally, I have not been able to find if these splitters actually allow a signal to pass in one direction but not the other. Any guidance in this regard is appreciated

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Typically a coax splitter is a two way split. The only time it may matter is if your splitter is using an in-line amp. There may be slightly less signal loss but that would be about it.

Since we're usually using coax splitters for RF signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not been able to find if these splitters actually allow a signal to pass in one direction but not the other. Any guidance in this regard is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
9,288 Posts
You’re talking about combining two or more signals, not splitting. Will the splitter pass the signal the other way? Sure. Will it work as you intend? Maybe, maybe not, it depends on what you are combining. Some RF signals are not compatible, as this person found out trying to combine the RF output from a Dish receiver with a TV antenna.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts